- 2015: Osgoode Trial Advocacy
- 2007: LL.B., Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2003: Spanish Language Certificate Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca, Spain
- 2001: Bachelor of Science, Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia
David is a Partner on the Accident and Personal Injury team who helps injured victims of car accidents, slip and falls and disability claims. He understands the unwanted stress and difficulties that come with injury claims and makes it a priority to listen to his clients’ concerns.
Raised in Truro, Nova Scotia, David grew up watching his father practice law and welcome clients into their family home. It was at this early age that he learned the dedication it takes to being a great lawyer — a mix of hard work, unwavering integrity and sincere client relationships.
David has proven experience in obtaining settlements without going to court but has also represented and argued for compensation in court when necessary, having appeared before the Small Claims Court, Supreme Court, Court of Appeal and various tribunals and boards. He is determined to understand each client’s unique situation and works to achieve the best results for each of them.
David offers free consultations to his clients so that he can explain to them whether they have a claim, and if so, whether it makes sense to hire a lawyer. David does his work on a contingency fee rate so that his clients only pay fees if he is successful in obtaining a settlement or reward.
David was included in The Best Lawyers in Canada since the 2020 edition for Personal Injury Litigation, published by Best Lawyers®. He formerly sat as the Chair of BOYNECLARKE LLP’s Articling Committee, where he lead the firm through the hiring process. He is also an active member of the Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association, the Canadian Bar Association and the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society. In 2013, he completed the Intensive Trial Advocacy course at York University’s Osgoode Hall Law School.
- 2016 - Present: Partner, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2008 - 2015: Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2007 - 2008: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLAKRE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2006: Summer Student, Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Member - Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Member - Atlantic Provincial Trial Lawyers Association (APTLA)
- Member - American Association of Justice
- Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia - Committee Member for Annual BIANS Golf Tournament
- Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia - Past Treasurer Halifax Chapter
- Past Secretary South End Tennis Club (SETC)
- Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia AGM - Speaker
- Dalhousie University School of Physiotherapy - Speaker
- Nova Scotia Community College Paralegal Program - Speaker
- Former Chair - BOYNECLARKE LLP Articling Committee
- Conversant in Spanish
Awards & Honours
- Included in The Best Lawyers in Canada published by Best Lawyers® (2020-2023) for Personal Injury Litigation