Our corporate lawyers regularly provide clients with practical and effective governance strategies tailored to the needs of the client, regardless of size or nature of operations. From our offices in Halifax – Dartmouth, we have advised on both Canadian and international governance matters, knowing that there is no template that meets the needs of all organizations. We work with both profit and not-for-profit organizations to develop governance structures focused on improved effectiveness and accountability.
Organizations that take governance seriously will in fact be more effective. Smart decisions are made when there are good policies and procedures in place to ensure that the best information gets to the board. Our business team includes lawyers who have advised public companies and private issuers on governance issues and strategies, and we regularly counsel directors and officers on their roles and responsibilities.
We can assist with:
- Boards – Structure, Best Practices, Duties & Liabilities, Ethics & Compliance;
- Shareholder Rights – Shareholder Engagement, Voting Rights, Oppression Remedies;
- Audit and Compensation Committees – Composition, Responsibilities, Disclosure;
- Independent and Special Committees for Special Transactions;
- Internal and Regulatory Investigations;
- Governance for Private and Public Companies, and;
- Securities Regulation.
Oops! We could not locate your form.