Christene H. Hirschfeld, Q.C. has been advising and assisting clients in the film, television and new media industries for over ten years. Based out of our Halifax – Dartmouth offices, our clients are film, television and new media producers and writers based throughout Canada and the United States, as well as talent, investors and financiers involved in the industry
Because of our deep experience in this industry, our lawyers know which questions to ask when structuring an agreement or contract, and we can assist our clients in steering clear of common pitfalls, and in dealing with disputes that arise.
How We Can Help
We assist clients in the film and entertainment industry with issues relating to:
- Intellectual Property
- Copyright and moral rights
- Acquisition of rights
- Co-production agreements
- Independent Contractor Employee issues
- Canadian and provincial tax credits
We assist lenders regarding the financing of film, television and new media productions.
Experience within Film & Entertainment Law Team includes:
- Recipient, 2002 CanWest Global Fellowship, Banff New Media Institute, Banff, AB
- Presenter, Legal Issues of Co-productions, Tidal Wave Film Festival, Fredericton, NB; and International New Media Festival, Brudenell, PEI
- Presenter, Music Law in Canada, St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, NS
- Presenter, Producing New Media: Money and the Law, Banff New Media Institute, Banff, AB
- Master Presenter, Bell New Media [email protected], Canadian Film Centre, Toronto, ON
- Faculty, CWC/Corus New Media Career Accelerator Program, Banff, AB
- Panellist, Intellectual Property, Intellectual Property Institute of Canada Annual Spring Meeting, Ottawa, ON
- Presenter, Clearance Issues Facing Film Producers, New Brunswick Film Co-operative, Fredericton, NB
- Presenter, Legal Implications of New Media, St. John’s International Women’s Film & Video Festival, St. John’s, NF
- Presenter, Intellectual Property Rights, Baddeck International New Media Festival, Baddeck, NS
Oops! We could not locate your form.