On Wednesday, July 10, Ian D. Brown, Associate on our Business Law team, took part in a panel discussion regarding what businesses need to know about the upcoming cannabis legalization. Other panelists included Shawn King of Arrivals + Departures as moderator, Meaghan McIntyre of National Access Cannabis Halifax, Nick Beynon of Chartered Professionals in Human Resources of Nova Scotia, David Deveau of Occupational Health and Safety, and Tim Pellerin of the NSLC.
The event, hosted by the Halifax Chamber of Commerce, brought close to 300 people to the Cunard Centre to discuss how employers can best prepare for the legalization on October 17.
If you missed the discussion, there are a few ways you can catch up.
- Prior to the event, Ian Brown and Shawn King spoke with CBC Information Morning, discussing workplace policies surrounding the upcoming legalization. Listen HERE.
- The Halifax Chamber of Commerce live-streamed the event and can be watched HERE.
- Global News completed a piece on the key takeaways from the event. View the article HERE.
- The Chronicle Herald coverage of the event can be found here:
- Download your copy of Ian Brown’s handout from the event Legal Cannabis & Your Workplace: What Your Company Can Do To Prepare by clicking HERE.