- 2021: Juris Doctor, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2017: Bachelor of Arts (Major in Sociology with Minor in Law and Society), Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Justyne is an Associate on the Family Law Team and also assists with criminal law matters as well. Justyne understands how stressful family law matters can be. She has observed the toll that they can take on families and individuals, and is passionate about helping clients transition through some of the most difficult times in their lives.
Although many family law matters are distressing, they can also be joyful. Justyne is thrilled to work in an area of law where she can also assist clients in some of their happiest moments.
Justyne leads with compassion and understanding. She brings her dedication to the table and strives to provide clients with the comfort, support, and confidence they need to navigate their legal matters.
Outside of work, Justyne enjoys painting, playing soccer, writing poetry, and going on adventures with her family.
To learn more about Justyne, click on the drop-down menus below.
- 2023-Present: Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, NS
- 2022-2023: Associate, Valent Legal, Halifax, NS
- 2021- 2022: Articled Clerk, Valent Legal, Halifax, NS
- 2020: Research Assistant, Schulich School of Law, Halifax, NS
- 2018: Summer Student, Nova Scotia Legal Aid, Dartmouth, NS
- Member – Nova Scotia Barrister’s Society
- Member – Canadian Bar Association
- Member – Canadian Association of Black Lawyers
- Former Member - Golden Key International Honour Society
- Member - Equity Diversity Inclusion & Reconciliation Committee, BOYNECLARKE LLP
- Member – Governance Committee, Elizabeth Fry Society
- Former Member – Judicial Board, Dalhousie University Student Union
- Former Executive Member - Dalhousie Black Law Student Association, Schulich School of Law
- Former Member – 7th Step Society of Nova Scotia (through Pro Bono Dalhousie)
- Former Participant – Alistair MacLeod Mentorship Program (poetry)
Awards and Honours
- Alistair Fraser award in Property Law (2018)
- Alistair Fraser award in Public Law (2018)
- Clifford Rae Achievement Award (2018)
- Leslie, J. (2023). "Jordan's Principle: Guidebook". Abajignmuen Schulich School of Law