Managing Partner Jamie MacNeil recently attended and presented at TAGLaw’s spring international conference in Paris, France. The conference, which took place on May 3-5, 2017, provided TAGLaw® members with the opportunity to strengthen the relationships they create within the alliance of more than 150 law firms from around the world. Also in attendance at the conference were members of TAGLaw’s affiliate alliances, TIAG® (The International Accounting Group) and TAG-SP™. All three alliances are collectively known as the TAG Alliances™.
In addition to various networking opportunities and group breakout sessions, TAGLaw members attended a variety of informative and educational sessions aimed at firm and practice development. Jamie was invited to be a panelist for the “Best Practices & Firm Management” topic on Succession Planning. Other Sessions and speakers at this conference include:
- “Riding the Waves of Culture in a Global Market Place” – Fons Trompenaars, Trompenaars Hampden-Turner Consulting
- “The Offshore Tax Haven – Myth or Reality?” – Moderator: Anna K. Derewenda, Williams Mullen
- “Succession Planning in Firms – Planning for the Road Ahead” – Moderator: Robert Levy, Kuits Solicitors;
- “Life on the Other Side” – Ross Lane, Mercer & Hole;
- “International Arbitration and Mediation to Resolve Commercial Disputes” – Johnathan Lloyd Jones, TAG Alliances & Bernardo M. Cremades Roman, B. Cremades & Associates; and
- Various “Specialty Group” breakout sessions.
“We value our TAGLaw membership and this was a wonderful conference to participate in. TAGLaw allows us to meet lawyers from around the world who can be available to assist our clients in literally well over a hundred countries. We gain some valuable insight from the sessions, discussions and networking that ultimately help us succeed” stated conference attendee, Managing Partner James D. MacNeil.
About TAGLaw and The TAG Alliances™
Founded in 1998, TAGLaw is an international alliance of high-quality, independent law firms. In 2015, Chambers Global ranked the alliance “Elite”, the highest ranking awarded to legal networks. The TAG Alliances comprise three groups: TAGLaw, TIAG® (The International Accounting Group), and TAG-SP™. TIAG is an international alliance of high quality, independent accounting firms and TAG-SP is a complementary association of strategic business partners. Collectively, the TAG Alliances provide accounting, legal, financial and business support services on a worldwide scale. With approximately 15,500 professionals in 280 members, and 580 offices in over 100 countries, the TAG Alliances serve tens of thousands of clients from all industry and commercial sectors. Learn more at www.TAGLaw.com.