It is with great sadness that BOYNECLARKE LLP shares the news of the passing of our friend and former colleague, Gordon F. Proudfoot, Q.C., on May 1, 2020.
After earning his law degree from Dalhousie University, Gordon spent his entire legal career with BOYNECLARKE LLP. He retired in 2019 after 40 years of practicing law. Gordon truly loved helping his clients and he loved being a lawyer. He played a significant role in building the firm as we know it today and he will be missed as a colleague and friend.
Throughout his career, Gordon was a litigator on our Personal Injury and Business Litigation Teams. He had extensive experience in all levels of Court including the Supreme Court of Canada. Active in both professional organizations and his community, Gordon achieved a national reputation. He received many awards and honours, including:
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in Canada published by Best Lawyers® (since 2014)
- Named one of Acadia University’s “175 Distinguished Graduates” (2014)
- Honourary Life Member of the Canadian Bar Association (2011)
- Lexpert Gold Zenith Award for Pro Bono Projects (2010)
- Exceptional Alumni Volunteer Award from Acadia University (2004)
- Canadian Bar Association Nova Scotia Distinguished Service Award (2000)
A celebration of Gordon’s life will be arranged at a later date. Donations can be made to Feed Nova Scotia in lieu of flowers. Memories and photos of Gordon can be sent to his family at: [email protected]. View Gordon’s obituary here.