February, 2022 – Halifax, NS: This week, BOYNECLARKE LLP celebrates 50 years of business. To commemorate a long history in the community, the firm plans to donate $50,000 to Dartmouth-based charitable organizations throughout 2022.
On February 14, 1972, the firm began as Boyne, Crocker & Jones above a tailor shop with four employees and leased furniture. In 1981, a new partnership between Tom Boyne and Richey Clarke gave the firm the name it holds today, BOYNECLARKE. With many changes over five decades and still proudly operating out of Dartmouth, BOYNECLARKE attributes its success to its community focus and client relationships.
“Through lots of hard work and a little luck, we’ve seen all our success and growth,” says managing partner James MacNeil. “We’re saying ‘thanks’ to the Dartmouth community where we’ve been able to establish ourselves and serve our clients.”
The firm is very thankful for the years of service and commitment from our lawyers, staff, clients and friends. We would not have accomplished what we have without all those who have played a part in our 50-year history.
The 50th year of giving will include a monthly donation to a selection of charities and nonprofits starting February 2022. Recipients will be chosen based on the values BOYNECLARKE shares for building and giving back to the Dartmouth community. We are looking forward to celebrating this milestone year and thank you to all those who have been a part of our history thus far.
Donations made to date:
- February – Black Cultural Centre for Nova Scotia (https://bccns.com/)
- March – Margaret’s House, Feeding Others Of Dartmouth Society (https://margarets-house.ca/)
- April – Dartmouth General Hospital Foundation (https://www.dghfoundation.ca/)
- May – Mental Health Foundation of Nova Scotia ( http://www.mentalhealthns.ca/)
- June – The Clean Foundation of Nova Scotia (https://cleanfoundation.ca/)
- August – Parents and Children Together (https://www.parentsandchildrentogether.info/)
- September – North Grove Garden (https://www.thenorthgrove.ca/)
- October – Mi’kmaw Native Friendship Centre (https://wijewinen.ca/)
- November – MacPhee Centre for creative Learning (https://macpheecentre.ca/)
- December – TD Dartmouth Christmas Tree Lighting with Downtown Dartmouth Business Commission
BOYNECLARKE LLP is one of Atlantic Canada’s largest full-service law firms. Covering personal, business, and institutional services, talented, hand-picked team of more than 50 lawyers, provides the right professional experience and knowledge to meet client needs. BOYNECLARKE LLP is a member of TAGLaw, a global alliance of high-quality, independent law firms, providing a full range of legal services to clients all over the world.