BOYNECLARKE LLP Lawyers James D. MacNeil, John A. Young, Q.C. and Christene H. Hirschfeld, Q.C. recently attended TAGLaw’s 30th international conference in Miami. The conference, which took place on May 5th through 7th, provided TAGLaw® members with the opportunity to strengthen the relationships they create within the alliance of more than 145 law firms from around the world.
In addition to various networking opportunities and group breakout sessions, TAGLaw members attended a variety of informative and educational sessions aimed at firm and practice development. Also in attendance at the conference were members of TAGLaw’s affiliate alliances, TIAG® (The International Accounting Group) and TAG-SP™. All three alliances are collectively known as the TAG Alliances™. Sessions and speakers at the conference included:
- Not Your Father’s Latin America: the Hot Spots, Lots More Cool Ones, and the Sleepers; Presenter: Ambassador (ret.) John F. Maisto
- You are Where You are Going, Not Where You Have Been; Presenter: Benjamin Sywulka, Director of Innovation, IXL Centre
- The Importance of Email Security; Moderator: Richard Attisha, Partner, Harper Grey LLP (Vancouver, Canada – TAGLaw)
- Tax Planning Strategies for High Net Worth Individuals; Moderator: David Neighbors, Partner, GALLINA LLP (Northern California, USA – TIAG)
- What Truly Makes for Great Firms, Great Partners and Great Leaders? Presenter: Allan Koltin, President & CEO, Koltin Consulting Group
- Anatomy of a Financial Institution Failure; Moderator: James Berger, Managing Partner, Berger Singerman (Florida, USA – TAGLaw)
- Doing Business in the Cloud: Managing the Risks and Opportunities of Modern Business in the Cloud; Moderator: Lisa Spearman, Private Client Partner, Mercer & Hole (London England – TIAG)
For more information about how our TAGLaw relationships can help your business, please contact our Firm Chair, John A. Young, Q.C at [email protected]
About TAGLaw and The TAG Alliances™
Founded in 1998, TAGLaw is an international alliance of high-quality, independent law firms. In 2013, Chambers Global ranked the alliance “Elite”, the highest ranking awarded to legal networks. The TAG Alliances comprise three groups: TAGLaw, TIAG® (The International Accounting Group), and TAG-SP™. TIAG is an international alliance of high quality, independent accounting and TAG-SP is a complementary association of strategic business partners. Collectively, the TAG Alliances provide accounting, legal, financial and business support services on a worldwide scale. With approximately 15,500 professionals in 260 member firms, and 530 offices in over 90 countries, the TAG Alliances serve tens of thousands of clients from all industry and commercial sectors.
For more information about TAGLaw, visit www.TAGLaw.com
For more information about the TAG Alliances, visit www.TAGAlliances.com