BOYNECLARKE recently attended TAGLaw’s 32nd international conference in Edinburgh, Scotland. The conference, which took place on May 4-6, 2015, provided TAGLaw® members with the opportunity to strengthen the relationships they create within the alliance of more than 150 law firms from around the world. Also in attendance at the conference were members of TAGLaw’s affiliate alliances, TIAG® (The International Accounting Group) and TAG-SP™. All three alliances are collectively known as the TAG Alliances™.
In addition to various networking opportunities and group breakout sessions, TAGLaw members attended a variety of informative and educational sessions aimed at firm and practice development. Sessions and speakers at this conference include:
- “The Future of Europe” – Rt Hon Lord Norman Lamont, Former Chancellor of the UK Exchequer;
- “The Modern Partner: Not Like it Said in the Brochure” – Mark Brandon, Motive Legal Consulting;
- “The Road Ahead: Anticipated Changes in the Energy Industry” – Moderator: Andrew Reid, Douglas-Westwood;
- “Pricing in Professional Service Firms: An Essential Skill” – Richard Burcher, Validatum;
- “Cross-border Dispute Resolution” – John Delaney; Delaney Partners (The Bahamas – TAGLaw); and
- Various “Specialty Group” breakout sessions.
“We value our TAGLaw membership and this was a wonderful conference to participate in. TAGLaw, and specifically these conferences, allow us to expand the reach of the legal services we provide to our clients. It allows us to meet lawyers from around the world who can be available to assist our clients in literally well over a hundred countries. TAGLaw is a tremendous benefit for our clients,” stated conference attendee, Managing Partner James D. MacNeil.
About TAGLaw and The TAG Alliances™
Founded in 1998, TAGLaw is an international alliance of high-quality, independent law firms. In 2015, Chambers Global ranked the alliance “Elite”, the highest ranking awarded to legal networks. The TAG Alliances comprise three groups: TAGLaw, TIAG® (The International Accounting Group), and TAG-SP™. TIAG is an international alliance of high quality, independent accounting firms and TAG-SP is a complementary association of strategic business partners. Collectively, the TAG Alliances provide accounting, legal, financial and business support services on a worldwide scale. With approximately 15,500 professionals in 280 members, and 580 offices in over 100 countries, the TAG Alliances serve tens of thousands of clients from all industry and commercial sectors. Learn more atwww.TAGLaw.com.