- 2010: LL.B., Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2006: Bachelor of Science in Biology (Honours), St. Francis Xavier University, Antigonish, Nova Scotia
Tracy’s litigation practice is focused on construction and commercial disputes, estate litigation, property disputes, and professional negligence.
Tracy routinely provides advice and represents clients on complex construction disputes, including Builder’s lien claims, and disputes related to delays, deficiencies, bidding and tendering, contract interpretation, negligent workmanship, etc.
In addition to construction law, Tracy regularly provides advice and guidance on Estate litigation matters, property disputes, leasing disputes, Quieting of Titles Applications, and general business litigation matters.
Tracy has successfully appeared before the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia, Court of Queen’s Bench in New Brunswick, Probate Court, Provincial Court, Small Claims Court, and various regulatory boards and tribunals (Residential Tenancies Board, Nova Scotia Assessment Appeal Tribunal, Utility and Review Board).
Tracy is a member of the Nova Scotia Barristers Society, the Canadian Bar Association, and was a past instructor of civil (litigation) procedure at Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law. Tracy is active in her community, and is on the Executive Committee of Techsploration, a not-for-profit organization which empowers young women to explore careers in science, trades, engineering and technology.
Tracy was an avid traveler. Prior to attending law school, she interned with the Judicial Service in Ghana. Through this internship she authored the monograph titled Judicial Reform and its Impact on the Administration of Justice, published by The Judicial Service of Ghana in collaboration with CUSO and the National Judicial Institute. While at Dalhousie she also completed an academic exchange term at the National University of Singapore, Singapore.
Nowadays, Tracy can most often be found chasing around her two young children.
- 2021 - Present: Partner, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2011 - 2020: Associate Lawyer, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2010 -2011: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2009: Summer Student, BOYNECLARKE, summer placement with the Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2009: Research Assistant, Mental Health Commission of Canada
- 2008: Summer Intern, Commonwealth Judicial Education Institute, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2006 - 2007: Research Associate (CUSO Internship), Judicial Service of Ghana, Accra, Ghana
- Team Leader: BOYNECLARKE Commercial Litigation Group
- Member - Nova Scotia Barristers Society
- Member - Canadian Bar Association
- Member - BOYNECLARKE LLP Articling Committee
- Dalhousie University Schulich School of Law Civil Procedure Workshop Instructor (2015-2017)
- Board of Directors, Executive (Secretary) - Techsploration
- Past Board Member - Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia
- Past Member - Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia Executive Hiring Committee (2014)
- Participant - Run for the Cure
- Participant - Blue Nose Marathon Charity Challenge for the Brain Injury Association of Nova Scotia
- Past Volunteer Team Member - Manulife Dragon Boat Festival
- Past Volunteer - ReachAbility
- Past Volunteer - West Africa AIDS Foundation in Accra, Ghana
- Past Club Leader (Boy Scouts Canada)
Awards & Honours
- Forsyth, G.O. Essay Prize (2008)
- Miller Thomson National LLP Scholarship (2008)
- John H. Endowment Fund Recipient (2006)
- Roderick MacLean Award Recipient (2006)
- Brown - Cameron Law Award (2002)
- Ron Smythe Memorial Scholarship for Community Involvement (2002)