- 2016: Completed the Chartered Professional Accountants Canada In-Depth Tax Course
- 2006: Bachelor of Law (LL.B), Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2001: Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A), Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Stephen is a Partner on the Business Law Team and his practice focuses on commercial financing, mergers and acquisitions and taxation matters. Stephen has a wide range of experience in acting for major lenders and borrowers in financing transactions. He also works with companies of all sizes on merger and acquisition transactions and corporate reorganizations.
Stephen especially enjoys working with business owners from startup through to the eventual sale or transition of the business to the next generation.
When not in the office Stephen enjoys swinging a club on the golf course and travelling, but gets the most enjoyment from spending time with his wife and two young children.
- 2016: Partner, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth,Nova Scotia
- 2015: Associate Lawyer, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2013 - 2015: Associate, Cox and Palmer, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2007 - 2013: Associate, Wickwire Holm, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2006 - 2007: Articled Clerk, Wickwire Holm, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Member - Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Member - Law Society of New Brunswick
- Member - Canadian Bar Association
- Member - BOYNECLARKE LLP Articling Committee
- Former Member - Canadian Tax Foundation
- Board Member - Shelter Nova Scotia
- Board Member - Risk Management Association
- Past Board Member - The Newbridge Foundation for Academic and Athletic Excellence
- Past Volunteer - Big Brothers Big Sisters Bowl for Kids Sake
- Past Committee Member - Ride for Juvenile Diabetes
- Past Volunteer - Habitat for Humanity Building Projects
- Past Volunteer - Pro Bono Students Canada - Dalhousie Chapter
Awards & Honours
- Davies, Ward, Phillips & Wineberg LLP Prize in Business Associations, Commercial Law and Taxation
- W.A. Tomblin Memorial Prize in Bankruptcy
- McInnes Cooper Internet and Media Prize
- Meritas Leadership Institute Class of 2011
- Co-authored "The Social Media Guide for Lawyers " as part of the Meritas Leadership Institute
- Co-authored "The Social Media Guide for Lawyers 2.0" and presented at Meritas Leadership Institute "What's New to Re-Tweet, Like & Link"