- 2002: LL.B., University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta
- 1999: Bachelor of Arts, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta (portion of the program at ITESM, Campus Guadalajara, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico)
As a member of the Business Law Team, Kelly practices in the areas of Business and Franchise Law and helps business clients from a wide range of sectors, including professional, retail, real estate development, banking and industrial. He focuses his practice on business structuring, business financing, the acquisition and sale of businesses, and commercial real estate.
Running a business can be exciting, rewarding, challenging and stressful all at the same time. Kelly takes pride in helping business owners navigate the various issues and challenges that arise throughout the life-cycle of their business; from start-up to wind-up and everything in between. This involves providing pro-active advice to help manage risk and also providing practical, cost-effective solutions to assist business owners through the difficult times if and when they arise.
Kelly has a particular interest in helping dentists and other health-care professionals with all aspects of their business and regularly speaks to groups of health-care professionals on a variety of business-related topics, including professional corporations; associate agreements; cost-sharing and partnership agreements; tax and estate planning; and the purchase and sale of businesses.
Outside the office, Kelly enjoys spending time on his farm with his family, playing sports and being active in the community. He is a volunteer with, and former director of, the Kiwanis Club of Dartmouth Charitable Foundation. He is also a member of Penn Hills Golf Club, the University of Alberta Law Olden Barristers Alumni Rugby Football Club and is currently the vice-president of the Halifax Branch of the University of Alberta Faculty of Law Alumni Association.
- 2003 - Present: Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2002 - 2003: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Member - Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Member - Canadian Bar Association
- Board Member - Kiwanis Foundation of Canada
- Volunteer - Kiwanis Club of Dartmouth (2004 - Present)
- Member - Penn Hills Golf Club (2010 - Present)
- Volunteer - Junior Achievement of Nova Scotia
- Volunteer - Habitat for Humanity
- Vice President - University of Alberta Faculty of Law Alumni Association - Halifax Branch (2007 - Present)
- Member - Olden Barristers Alumni Rugby Football Club, University of Alberta, Faculty of Law (2002 - Present)