- 2022: Juris Doctor, Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS
- 2019: Bachelor of Arts (Honours in Psychology), St. Thomas University, Fredericton, NB
Elizabeth is an Associate on the Accident and Personal Injury team. She is passionate about providing high quality and compassionate service to clients. She understands how stressful it can be to navigate the legal and personal aspects of injury claims and is well equipped to support clients through this process.
While in law school, Elizabeth was active in many different volunteer roles. She served as the President of the Dalhousie Youth Legal Education Society, delivering presentations about legal rights to young people across Halifax. She also volunteered with the Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia and served as an academic mentor. In her third year of law school, Elizabeth completed a term at the Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic where she was awarded the Dianne Pothier Memorial Prize for her work advocating for individuals with disabilities.
Outside of work, Elizabeth can often be found exploring the beautiful Nova Scotia coastline. She plays intramural basketball, classical piano, and is an active volunteer at her local church. Elizabeth also loves spending time with her growing number of nieces and nephews and other friends and family.
- 2023-Present: Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, NS
- 2022-2023: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, NS
- 2021: Summer Student, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, NS (Summer placement with Adsum for Women and Children)
- 2020: Summer Intern, Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia, Halifax, NS
- 2017-2019: Research Assistant (Qualitative research on the challenges of family caregivers of older adults in New Brunswick), St. Thomas University, Fredericton, NB
- Member: Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
- Member: Canadian Bar Association
- Member: Atlantic Provinces Trial Lawyers Association
- Souls Harbour Rescue Mission Drop-In Center - Former Volunteer
- Dalhousie Youth Legal Education Society, Schulich School of Law - Former President
- Business Law Association of Dalhousie Mentorship Program, Schulich School of Law - Former Volunteer
- First Year Mentorship Program, Schulich School of Law - Former Volunteer
- Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia – Former Volunteer
Awards & Honours
- Stuart Clarke Lane Memorial Prize – Highest Standing in Administrative Law, 2022
- Dianne Pothier Memorial Prize – Dalhousie Legal Aid Clinic, 2022
- Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP Prize – Highest Standing in Business Associations, 2021
- Alistair Fraser Award – Second Highest Standing in Second Year Law, 2021
- Law Foundation of Nova Scotia Scholarship, 2019-2022
- Governor General’s Medal – Highest Academic Standing of Graduating Class, St. Thomas University, 2019
- Award for Outstanding Performance in Honours, St. Thomas University, 2019
- Lafrance, M., Dreise, E., Gouliquer, L., & Poulin, C. (2022). “‘We’re Not Doing It To Be Nasty’: Caregivers’ Ethical Dilemmas in Negotiating Driving Safety with Older Adults”. Canadian Journal on Aging, 41(1), 7-14.