- 2010 - 2013: J.D. Schulich School of Law, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2006 - 2009: M.B.A., Sprott School of Business, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario
- 2002 - 2006: B.B.A. (Honours) F.C. Manning School of Business, Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia
Doug is an Associate and a member of the Creditor Practice Team, focusing on creditor collections litigation. Doug’s business background has provided him with a thorough understanding of the corporate and commercial industries, allowing him to analyze legal issues while also understanding business issues involved. He has appeared in front of every level of court in Nova Scotia including Small Claims, Provincial Court, the Supreme Court and the Court of Appeals. Doug also regularly appears in the Newfoundland Supreme Court and the New Brunswick Court of the Queen’s Bench, additionally he has appeared in the Tax Court of Canada. Doug is officially admitted to the Law Society of New Brunswick as of spring 2021.
Doug’s goal is to provide his clients with practical real world business advice and solutions. He works hard to resolve the situation, while securing the best possible financial outcome.
- 2014 - Present : Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2013 - 2014: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2012: Summer Student, BOYNECLARKE LLP, seconded to WWF Canada
- 2011: Legal Summer Student, Sobeys Inc.
- 2006 - 2009: Consulting Operations Analyst, Adobe Systems Inc., Ottawa, Ontario
- Member - Law Society of New Brunswick
- Member - Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Member - Canadian Bar Association
- Member - Sports Lawyers' Association
- Member - BOYNECLARKE LLP Articling Committee
- Committee Member - Parkinson's Society Halifax Superwalk 2014 (Maritime Region)
Awards & Honours
- Acadia University Scholar (2006)
- Acadia Real-Time Case Competition Award (2006)