- 2008: LL.B., Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2006: Masters, Experimental Psychology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- 2003: Bachelor of Science (Honours), Psychology, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick
Bryen has always wanted to help people; While completing her law degree, Bryen gained knowledge by working as a legal assistant and paralegal in the family law team and throughout the firm before becoming the experienced and bright lawyer she is today.
In 2019, Bryen was included in the Lexpert Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40. This award celebrates the contributions and achievements of Canada’s leading lawyers under the age of 40. She is also listed in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2020).
Being part of a military family herself, Bryen has great compassion for the difficulties often faced by military families, both while their family members are active within the military and following a medical release. Military personnel have to be organized with an eye for detail and must be prepared for numerous possible encounters; so does Bryen.
Bryen knows how to view a family law situation with fresh eyes, and can readily think outside the box when coming up with practical solutions to client’s problems. Her impeccable organization allows clients to feel informed and knowledgeable about the status and path of their file. What’s important to her clients is important to her in resolving family situations.
Bryen brings important issues for her clients into the foreground, so those issues are not lost in the chaos of paperwork and stressful situations. She has a passion to succeed and is becoming exceedingly experienced in her field. Bryen notes that her definition of success in a family law file is not a “win” in Court, but rather a reasonable solution that is worked out between the parties with the least court involvement, and cost, as possible.
When she is not assisting her clients and mentoring junior lawyers, Bryen enjoys having a quiet evening with her husband and children, although such quiet evenings are few and far between. Her daughters and son are actively involved in many extracurricular activities throughout the week and weekend, which she often transports them to and volunteers with the clubs they are involved in. Being a mom to three very busy children allows Bryen to have even greater insight into the issues facing parents and balancing the stress of going through a stressful time in your life, while continuing to deal with all other ongoing aspects of life.
- 2017 - Present: Partner BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2009 - 2017: Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2008 - 2009: Articled Clerk, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2007: Summer Float Assistant, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Member - Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Member - Canadian Bar Association
- Member - Family Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Member - Collaborative Family Law Association of Nova Scotia
- Member - BOYNECLARKE LLP Social Committee
- Member - The Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Volunteer - Military Family Resource Centre
Awards & Honours
- 2019: Lexpert® Rising Star - One of Canada's Leading Lawyers Under 40
- Listed in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (2020)