- 1996 - 1999: Bachelor of Law. University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick
- 1991 - 1996: Bachelor of Commerce, Marketing and Management, Saint Mary's University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Allen is a Partner and a member of the Real Estate and Property Team. Buying a home is one of the biggest and hardest decisions someone will have to make. Allen’s goal is to make sure the entire process runs smoothly. Allen is able to provide sound advice in the purchasing of a home, guide homeowners through contract negotiations and ownership contracts and ensure everything is approved for closing.
The part of his job Allen enjoys the most is meeting with people who have dreams of home ownership. He takes pleasure in being able to help a client attain their goals and ensure they are getting all the necessary advice required when making such a significant purchase.
Allen is an active member of the real estate community. He is a member of Real Estate Lawyers Association of Nova Scotia (RELANS), The Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society and the Canadian Bar Association. Allen is also licensed to practice law in both PEI and New Brunswick. He currently volunteers with the Nova Scotia Nature Trust.
Allen enjoys hiking, football, learning guitar and listening to Indie music.
- 2016 - Present: Partner, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2003 - 2015: Associate, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 1999 - 2002: Associate/Articling Clerk, Curley Sanderson, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
- Summer 1999: Articled Student/Researcher, P.E.I Human Rights Commission, Charlottetown, P.E.I
- Summer 1998: Policy Development Officer South-hampton House Inc., Hanwell, New Brunswick
- Member - Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Member - Canadian Bar Association
- Member - Law Society of Prince Edward Island
- Member - Law Society of New Brunswick
- Member - BOYNECLARKE LLP Articling Committee
- Member - Real Estate Lawyers Association of Nova Scotia
- Member - Brookfield Global Relocation Services
- Member - Nova Scotia Nature Trust
- Member - Trails for All
- Volunteer - Habitat for Humanity
- Former Volunteer - Preston Outreach Program through Nova Scotia Legal Aid
Awards & Honours
- Included in The Best Lawyers in Canada published by Best Lawyers® (2021-2023)
- Associate Professor, Real Estate Transactions Course, Dalhousie Law School