- 2015: TEP Diploma Program, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- 2009: Bachelor of Laws, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia
- 2005: Master of Public Administration, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
- 2004: Bachelor of Arts, Saint Mary's University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Alanna assists clients with corporate and commercial law, real estate, trust and estate planning, as well as franchise law. She has experience advising individuals, business owners and institutions on a range of matters including commercial transactions and financing, real estate sales, acquisition and leasing matters. Alanna also assists clients with the purchase and sales of businesses and estate planning. She regularly works with other professionals, such as accountants and financial planners, to ensure the ideal solutions are reached for her clients.
Alanna has received her Trusts and Estates Practitioner (TEP) designation from the Society of Trusts and Estate Practitioners and also has completed the STEP Diploma Program.
Alanna, our Director of Lawyer Development, is a lawyer by trade and has lived and practiced across Canada.
She began her career with a Bachelor of Arts in Criminology and Political Science from Saint Mary’s University, then earned her Master of Public Administration from Queen’s University, and finally obtained her Bachelor of Laws from University of Victoria. Alanna moved to BOYNECLARKE as an as associate in 2017 and the joined the partnership in 2020.
Though she still practices law, Alanna’s role as BOYNECLARKE’s Director of Lawyer Development is a large and passionate focus of hers.
“The point of the role is to help lawyers be healthy and happy in their career and figure out how that looks for them at various stages of their career,” she explains.
This role is both exciting and progressive with a vision of revolutionizing the life of lawyers. Creating roles like this is exactly why Alanna loves working at BOYNECLARKE.
“We’re about people,” she says.
In her free time Alanna enjoys cooking, planning local outdoor experiences, and exploring through travel, particularly in the United Kingdom.
- 2021 - Present: Director, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2020 - 2021: Partner, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2017 - 2019: Associate Lawyer, BOYNECLARKE LLP, Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 2015 - 2017: Associate Lawyer, Patterson Law, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2011 - 2015: Associate Lawyer, Wickwire Holm, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- 2010 - 2011: Law Clerk, Nova Scotia Court of Appeal, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Member: Nova Scotia Barristers' Society
- Member: Law Society of Upper Canada
- Member: Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Secretary, ElderDog Canada
- Volunteer, Out of the Cold Shelter
- Past Human Resource Chair, Dress for Success
- Past Secretary, United Way GenNext