BOYNECLARKE LLP is a full-service law firm with over 50 lawyers and 130 Staff in the unique position of serving clients throughout Atlantic Canada, and beyond, from our single office located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We pride ourselves on our points of difference and are driven by our commitment to our community. We understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in the ability to be successful. Staff are encouraged to make healthy life choices and support them in doing so through in-house fitness classes, a competitive wellness subsidy program, and flexible work arrangements. We are the title sponsor of the 15 km in the Blue Nose Marathon. Most importantly, we are on the cutting edge of all things legal. Our lawyers are excellent in their respective fields and subspecialties, and we collaborate constantly to ensure our clients are receiving the most practical, creative, and current legal advice available today. We passionately believe you can be ambitious and the best in your field while also maintaining a great life outside of work and having positive relationships with your family, friends, and colleagues. BOYNECLARKE LLP is a special place. We are proud of what we have built, and we are very excited about the future.
What Are We Looking For?
We are seeking highly attentive, motivated, and talented Legal Assistants for multiple openings within the firm. Our Legal Assistants are responsible for a range of duties, included but not limited to:
- Reviewing and prioritizing incoming mail, coordinate faxes and draft routine correspondence for lawyer review;
- Booking client meetings, discoveries, mediation, etc. and overall maintaining lawyer schedule and agenda;
- Client intake, conflict searches, and opening new client files;
- Maintaining up to date client files, both paper and electronic with the use of in-house document management system;
- Maintaining close contact with the court and supervising lawyer with respect to ongoing proceedings;
- Processing large volumes of documents, with ability to use technology to store and organize files diligently;
- Transcribing dictations;