Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
BOYNECLARKE LLP is a full-service law firm with over 50 lawyers and 130 Staff in the unique position of serving clients throughout Atlantic Canada, and beyond, from our single office located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We pride ourselves on our points of difference and are driven by our commitment to our community. We understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in the ability to be successful. Staff are encouraged to make healthy life choices and support them in doing so through in-house fitness classes, a competitive wellness subsidy program, and flexible work arrangements. We are the title sponsor of the 15 km in the Blue Nose Marathon. Most importantly, we are on the cutting edge of all things legal. Our lawyers are excellent in their respective fields and subspecialties, and we collaborate constantly to ensure our clients are receiving the most practical, creative, and current legal advice available today. We passionately believe you can be ambitious and the best in your field while also maintaining a great life outside of work and having positive relationships with your family, friends, and colleagues. BOYNECLARKE LLP is a special place. We are proud of what we have built, and we are very excited about the future.
What Are We Looking For?
We are seeking highly attentive, motivated, and talented paralegal interested in a fast-paced and challenging career, responsibilities may include:
- Draft and prepare Demand Letters for lawyer review; send out for various financial institutions (clients);
- Prepare detailed calculations for payment of mortgage arrears or mortgage payouts;
- Process related pay ups, pay outs and redemption;
- Closely manage various deadlines related to demands;
- Daily updating and monitoring of various on-line systems (highways) including financial institutions on both provincial and inter-provincial levels;
- Regular contact and interaction with debtors, property managers, insurers, and financial institutions (clients);
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of client/file information within our Document Management database;
- Speak with debtors to review various options and related processes;
- Working on files from NS, NB, PEI and NL;
- Closing files as required;
- Other duties as required.
Our ideal candidates has a paralegal diploma or equivalent experience, the ability to think critically so solve complex problems, has a strong aptitude for independent work, and can thrive in a minimally supervised work environment.
To apply, please see this link: