Why BOYNECLARKE LLP?
BOYNECLARKE LLP is a full-service law firm with over 50 lawyers and 130 Staff in the unique position of serving clients throughout Atlantic Canada, and beyond, from our single office located in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. We pride ourselves on our points of difference and are driven by our commitment to our community. We understand that work-life integration, health, and wellness play an important role in the ability to be successful. Staff are encouraged to make healthy life choices and support them in doing so through in-house fitness classes, a competitive wellness subsidy program, and flexible work arrangements. We are the title sponsor of the 15 km in the Blue Nose Marathon. Most importantly, we are on the cutting edge of all things legal. Our lawyers are excellent in their respective fields and subspecialties, and we collaborate constantly to ensure our clients are receiving the most practical, creative, and current legal advice available today. We passionately believe you can be ambitious and the best in your field while also maintaining a great life outside of work and having positive relationships with your family, friends, and colleagues. BOYNECLARKE LLP is a special place. We are proud of what we have built, and we are very excited about the future.
Why this role?
We are seeking a highly motivated, attentive and organized individual to join our firm. Our ideal candidate values attention to detail and organization as a critical component of their role and is looking for a rewarding career contributing to the success of a team. This role will expose you to highly transactional work and is the backup for a variety of other positions, allowing you to become a subject matter expert within a dynamic team. This position thrives on process, enjoys continuous learning and development opportunities, and includes a combination of independent and team-based work.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
As an Accounting Clerk, your responsibilities will include, but is not limited to some or a combination of, the following:
- Opening files, conducting conflict checks, maintaining and updating client information;
- Creating invoices and account summaries;
- Ensuring the accuracy and completeness of client and file information within our database and client portals;
- Processing billings;
- Assisting in the general daily billing process, especially at month-end and year-end;
- Cross-training in order to process cheques/deposits;
- Preparing, posting and sending daily deposit(s) of cheques to the bank;
- Assuring that trust is not overdrawn at the end of the day;
- Processing outgoing wires;
- Annual listing of trust matters/amounts to bank;
- Processing credit card payments/sending receipt (Moneris online);
- Bi-weekly PI disbursement listing to bill;
- Replenishing petty cash;
- Sending weekly list of opened files to lawyers with Referring lawyer;
- Monthly processing of counsel invoice and confirming accuracy of entries;
- Weekly check Service NB postings compared to SNB Planet and follow-up;
- Providing backup support to accounting team members.
Qualifications and Skills
To be successful, you possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Experience in a data entry and data validation role;
- Strong aptitude for transactional, data entry, and data validation work with the ability to spot errors with high accuracy;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple deadlines;
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and ability to make judgment calls;
- Superior written and verbal communications skills;
- Propensity for contributing to a positive and collaborative environment;
- Technically adept using Outlook and Microsoft Suite, and an aptitude for learning new computer programs quickly;
- Proven ability to be self-motivated and accomplish work efficiently with little supervision.