We represent print, radio and television organizations.
BOYNECLARKE LLP’s Media Law Team has considerable experience acting for media organizations on a wide variety of matters. We appear regularly before the Trial and Appellate Courts of the Province of Nova Scotia, and have appeared before both the Trial and Appellate Divisions of the Federal Court of Canada and the Supreme Court of Canada. Our lawyers represent print, radio, and television organizations.
Types of Media Cases
Typical matters that we handle include:
- Access to Information applications
- Freedom of Information applications
- Ensuring public access to legal processes
- Opposing publication bans
Experience within the Media Law Team includes:
- Member (Past Provincial Chairman), National Media Law Subsection, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Ad IDEM
- Presenter, The Media and the Courts Workshop: Leading-edge Issues on Defamation, Continuing Legal Education, Fredericton, NB