We provide sophisticated advice on a range of complex commercial transactions.
At BOYNECLARKE LLP, we advise clients on a broad range of commercial transactions. We represent small owner-operated businesses and large multi-shareholder companies, banks, trust companies and other financial institutions, as well as individuals. With the right advice and guidance, companies will be well positioned to achieve their goals without assuming unnecessary risk.
Advising and Representing Businesses
We regularly assist clients to start up and buy businesses and we work with existing business owners to help them reduce risk and taxes. We take into account your objectives and devise the best plan to help you achieve them. Our role as lawyers is to identify and address the legal issues so you can focus on your business.
It is important to seek legal advice during commercial transactions such as:
- Planning for the future of your business – What happens to the business if you retire, die, suddenly become ill or are no longer able to run it? Business succession planning allows you to take control of your eventual exit from the business.
- Seeking capital investment – Whether you are raising money to expand manufacturing capacity, develop natural resources, or launch a high-tech idea, we can help you put together the deal. BOYNECLARKE LLP represents business owners, equity investors, banks, financial institutions, venture capital and angel investors.
- Choosing a business structure – Are you a sole proprietorship considering incorporation? Do you work in partnership with others? Is it time to review the various business structures that can be implemented to document the ownership and control of your business? These decisions impact how much you pay in taxes, it affects the amount of paperwork your business is required to do and your personal liability on future losses or legal issues, such as lawsuits.
- Entering into a joint venture – Joint ventures can be complicated relationships, and we can ensure your contracts clearly document roles and responsibilities. We advise on all aspects of establishing, operating, and ending joint venture agreements and strategic partnerships.
- Purchase and sale of an existing business – Whether you are purchasing a local corner store or a large well established company, before you are committed, you’ll need to know the legal issues concerning the transaction. We can advise with respect to the preferred form of agreements, tax implications, required licenses and business registrations.